Thursday afternoon as we got home from school Mackenzie came across a baby squirrel dead in the front yard. I got some bags and scooped him up and quickly ran across the street to put it in my neighbor's trash can. The trash truck had JUST gone down our side so they had started up the other side of the street. I figured the problem was solved!
Went in the backyard to take care of objects I thought might fly around the yard if/when these big hurricane Ike winds were coming. There I discovered right by the back porch another dead squirrel. This time I knew Lucky had gotten it and it had parts of it's tail missing and more. The kids all came out to check the squirrel out. Sean had to mention his teeth were sticking out and his tail was hanging off. So this time I got the shovel. Got him triple bagged up and had to throw him away in the now empty trash can.
So today when Daddy was back Sean was telling him all about the dead squirrels. He said there was one in the front and one in the back. And then he said they were "squirrels falling from the sky." Hopefully we will not have anymore falling from the sky squirrels in our yard.
0 comments:
Post a Comment