Monday, June 09, 2008

Emma Long Park

Ryan just thinking about getting in
Mackenzie taking a break
Sean and Ryan "cooking" and Sean has artwork that Mackenzie drew on him yesterday
The "pie"
Sean floating in the water
The four of us
Sean trying the goggles out
Mackenzie playing in the water
Still swimming
Sean getting some sand for the "pie"

We were supposed to go to a riding lesson today but that got cancelled 10 minutes before we were to leave.  There were city trucks trimming trees by the riding arena and would have spooked Snickers and that would have made for a bad lesson.
So instead we packed up a picnic lunch and headed to Emma Long  Park.  I haven't been there in many many years and my friend Amy went with her family and so that made me remember it.  The kids were able to get in the lake and just splash around.  They also used their buckets to dig up sand and make meals out of it.  Ryan attempted to put his feet in but said "cold" and pulled them right back out.  He enjoyed throwing things in to the other kids.  We had a nice shade tree and a blanket out and had our little picnic lunch and just had a good time.

1 comments:

Ed said...

Hey Sweetie,

I don't know if I have told you how great this blog is, but I wanted you to know that it is one of the highlights of my day to see a new post! I love getting to see the kids (and you) while I am so far away.

I miss you,
XOXO