Within the past month I have discovered I might have an allergy to shrimp. How can this be? I LOVE shrimp and can't imagine not being able to enjoy all my favorites....shrimp scampi, bacon wrapped shrimp, shrimp on a stick, shrimp kabobs (ok...I'm sounding like Forrest Gump!). Anyway, on Easter and while we were in Florida I had peel and eat shrimp. Both times had symptoms of vomiting, dizziness, blurred vision, fever, chills, and a bad headache. SO, we have come to the conclusion that I should be tested for this allergy before trying shrimp again. This makes me very sad to not have a meal with shrimp but I guess it's better to be safe then experience those symptoms again!
I just got Mackenzie from her friend's Halli and Sammi's house and they ended up making a cake. Well, I should say their mom whipped up a checkerboard cake and then even MADE the icing....yes, she made it with crisco and this was NOT even from a box. She's pushing for Super Mom! So we hung out and ate some cake and the kids all played. Sean got to chase and be chased by 4 screaming giggling girls and he loved every minute of it. Ryan was just trying to stay out of the way and is still fussy from this latest ear infection.
Wish me luck with the allergist! I hope it's just some bad coincidence.

0 comments:
Post a Comment