Sunday, March 25, 2007

Party! Party! Party!





My daughter's social calendar is starting to get very busy!! I knew this when she started kindergarten that the invites to parties and playdates would start filling the days. Saturday she had 2 parties to go to. Earlier in the day the kids played with Kelly and also "camped out" in the front yard. They thought that was great! About the time Mackenzie left to go to Rebecca's party my dad came by to work on the shed. So this kept Sean busy helping Papa hammer and get tools out and all that manly stuff. Ryan was in a no napping mood and so we also went out to help Papa. Papa finished the doors to the shed and we can finally put stuff in there. YEAH!!


Mackenzie returned from Rebecca's party and then had a short visit to home before I took her to Karel's house. The girls all painted a ceramic piece that they got to take home. She made a sunflower. Then Karel's mom had a BBQ where all the families got to join in the birthday celebration. Sean found a buddy about his age and they were inseparable the entire night....except for the trip back home to change his poopy underwear(didn't I learn my lesson from last time!)






That takes me to a short side trip. Sean had been playing in Karel's room with some of the other kids and all of a sudden Mackenzie and several girls came out and said "ewww there's poop in there!" and I instantly knew that it was Sean! So I whisked him away to change his pants. I didn't think to bring anything with me. Silly mommy!!






Back to the BBQ.....Sean had his buddy, Mackenzie had alot of the girls from her class and a little girl about 2 that she had taken under her wing, and Ryan had fun crawling around outside and then inside pulling on a drawer pull....luckily he could never get the drawer open and it just made a nice sound every time he did it. I got to visit with some of the other mom's that I usually just say Hi to in passing when at the school but this was a nice time to really have a conversation.






Let's just say the kids didn't mind having to go to bed as soon as we got home at 9pm. They were exhausted!!

0 comments: