Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!


I will tell you a little about my day. Let's just say it started early about 2am when Sean with 102 fever was wide awake! I gave him motrin and tried to get him back to bed. This went on for an hour and a half. Finally at 3:30 he did go back to sleep and so I was just up with Ryan. Then I was back in dreamtime and Sean turns on the light in the hallway and is once again wide awake but this time it's 6:30am. How can he function on such little sleep!?!?!
So I got everyone dressed and Mackenzie off to school. Called the dr. and was able to get an appt this morning. We went to the dr. and as my motherly instincts told me he has an ear infection. They really should just give moms prescription pads to save them some time in these situations. I guess the medical society doesn't feel that's a good idea. So anyway, we got him all checked out and went home. We went ahead and took the snacks and valentines for his friends to Elsass and his teacher said atleast 3 other kids were out too.
We got Mackenzie from school and then dropped her at the church for choir. Then Sean, Ryan and I went to the HEB to get the prescription filled. And even though omnicef is basically adding water to a bottle and shaking it up....there was a 25 minute wait. They tried to convince Sean later that is was "magic" water. They could have saved me alot of time and just given me the bottle to fill with "magic" water at home. Anyway, didn't have but a few minutes to get back to the church and give Mackenzie the valentine's candy to pass out. We left and literally pulled in the driveway when Mackenzie said "I forgot my barbie"....ARGGHHH!! So we turn around and go back! Luckily one of the helpers had kept it and we were able to find it quickly.
Back home to get dinner for everyone and baths and now bedtimes. I just felt bad for Ryan...he was either strapped in his carseat, strapped in a shopping cart or being told just one more minute then we're leaving. Oh well, he's the third kid and seems to have the laid back personality of a kid that gets dragged around everywhere.

Off to check on the patient and see how he's doing!

0 comments: