Thursday, November 19, 2009

CDC

ryan taking self portraits on the dr's office
Sean the only healthy one playing
poor Ryan sacked out

I am pretty sure that the CDC is going to come and wrap our house in plastic with all the illness going on around here.
Poor Mackenzie is on day 6 of her illness. Started Saturday and on Sunday we got a confirmation it was flu. Then Tuesday morning around 2am Ryan got it. I have wonderful friends....one of them picked up Sean and brought him to me (Thanks Meredith!). That way I didn't have to drag the other two down to the school to cough on anyone.
We went to the dr's office on Wednesday because Mackenzie was coughing so bad and still had a fever. She had to wear a mask which she wasn't thrilled about and would not let me take a picture. Turns out she has an upper respiratory infection and an ear infection so off to get antibiotics and cough syrup. The nurse for some reason only faxed over the antibiotic and not the cough syrup. I wasn't going to spend another night listening to my poor child cough. So I called and they said once the dr. got back from lunch it would be faxed over. The kids took a nap and so when they got up I called to see if it was ready and apparently it was never faxed in. So I called again and this time got some action and got the prescription faxed over. My dad ended up picking it up for me and when he got here he dropped it on the floor and it broke (it was in a glass bottle.....why would they put it in a glass bottle??) So luckily since he's a dr. he was able to call another prescription in for me and we ran off to get it before Mackenzie went to bed.
Today she has thrown up a couple of times due to still coughing almost none stop. The one good thing is that Sean has not gotten this (he did feel warm one day but that was it) and I'm knocking on wood right now. On Monday there were only 8 kids in Mackenzie's class and 10 on Tuesday. Today it was up a little bit more but not much....still some out!

0 comments: