Thursday, October 01, 2009

Caramel Apples and September





We are starting to get in the fall spirit around here. First, we made some caramel apples which turned out pretty but were super hard to eat. I don't remember they used to be that hard when we made them when I was little. Then, the kids painted styrofoam balls orange and stuck orange straws in them. Once they are dry we will put some pumpkin faces on them. Now if only the weather would become more fall like.


We've had a pretty busy September with getting in the groove with school and after school activities. I've gone to Sean's class to read , Mackenzie and Sean started back to choir, Mackenzie had a field trip for girl scouts and started back to horseback riding. Sean started gymnastics and loves it. Both the boys are learning to ride their bikes with training wheels so we ride down to the school pretty much every night so they can practice. And the kittens usually try to follow us down there as well. Last night they ended up going to visit Kelly through her window.

I met with Mackenzie's teacher for our conference and we realized we need to work on reading/comprehension so we've added some time for that every night. Sean is enjoying kindergarten and so excited to be able to spell words. He likes to write on the whiteboard we have and practice his letters.

Now we're going to start off October with getting a tooth pulled for Mackenzie....I just know she's gonna love that! *** Update: Dr. C didn't need to pull the tooth after all since it's not blocking another tooth anymore. So we go in a few weeks to Dr. F for her braces consultation.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmmm, caramel apples. Good idea!