Sunday, March 01, 2009

ER visit



We were all outside cleaning up the yard and Mackenzie decided to help by cutting some branches down for the recycling.  So she ended up getting whacked by a branch right in the eye.  We cleaned her up and put ice on it and waited to figure out if we should go to the dr. at urgent care or an eye dr.  When I called the dr's office they said to have her looked at in the ER.    So off Mackenzie and I went to the same ER room that my corneal abrasion was seen.  I was pretty sure it wasn't a corneal abrasion but the big red spot on her white part of the eye concerned me.  

She passed the eye test so no blurryness and then they put some drops in her eyes to see the scratch and luckily it was on the outside of the cornea so she was fine.  They did make sure there was nothing else in the eye and then sent us on our way.  She was diagnosed with Subconjunctival Hemorrhage (Scleral Bleeding).
While we were there Mackenzie and I talked about the time she went to the ER for a concussion.  She doesn't remember but I will never forget!!  So she is now our ER kid with 2 visits.  Sean and Ryan (knocking on wood) have never been to the ER for anything.

0 comments: