Sunday, January 18, 2009

Binky free!!

This was after he had just thrown up, told me it was "gross" and wasn't feeling good.  This is his new puppy.


I have been discussing with Ryan for a few weeks that the binky fairy would come and take his binkys and give them to other little boys and girls.  He would smirk and say "No" everytime.  Friday he went to school came home and played all day and never once asked for his binky.

  Then that night he also didn't go get one before going to bed or anything.  So I figured I wouldn't mention it either.  So he fell asleep great and was completely fine with not having his binky.  That night and early Saturday morning though he got the stomach bug or something because he started throwing up and had us up at 4:30am changing sheets and pajamas.  He continued to feel sick all morning.  I thought for sure he would want a binky in his sick state but he never once asked for one.  He got a nap and really wanted to go to see Hotel for Dogs with Mackenzie and her friends for her birthday party.  So we all went ahead and went and he was fine for a portion of the movie, ate some popcorn and drank a little sprite.  About 45 minutes before the movie was over he started telling me "we go home now" and was not happy to have to sit for the rest of the movie.  Daddy took him out and walked around with him then they came back in and he was fine for another few minutes then started up again.

Finally the movie was over and we went outside where he was fine.  We said goodbye to most of the girls and took Alaina home to her house.  As we were leaving and I was talking to my brother holding Ryan he threw up on me and was not happy about it at all.
I got him and I all cleaned up and then we headed home with him in his car seat with just a diaper.  Poor thing!
Last night, he had a fever and so we will hope he starts to feel better today.

So for his giving up his binkys he got to pick a stuffed dog at the store.  It still doesn't replace his little puppy but he seems to like it alot.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hope he is feeling better. We are starting to have the talks with Ruby and Eliza Claire about giving up their paci's. When they are ready to put them in the trash they get to go to Build a Bear and make a new animal and pick out clothes for it. I think we need to go to BAB for some window shopping and motivation.

Amy said...

Poor guy! I hope he is feeling better. Little kids throwing up is just the saddest. Yay for the binky being gone. Way to go, Ryan!