We were planning to go to Sweet Berry Farms (Sean and Mackenzie have both gone with their 2 yr old class)to pick strawberries today for my birthday fun. Only my eye had a different idea. Around 4:30am my eye started really bothering me and as soon as I went to get up and get some of my drops I realized this was the pain of another corneal abrasion. I don't understand why I keep getting these recurring things but I do! So I called the eye dr's and my regular one wasn't on call. So Dr. T said come on up to the North 183 location and I'll get you taken care of. Daddy watched the kiddos and my mom came to take me up there.
The tech put in those numbing drops and I could finally open my eye!! After that Dr. T put in my soft bandage (as they call it) and I was good to go. Other than some irritation, a headache and a huge puffy pink eye I'm fine.
This delayed our strawberry picking by a couple hours but I was determined that we were going to go and "have fun!" Off we went closer to 10am instead of 8:30am. We got stuck at a railroad track for a very slow moving train but that's ok because the boys loved getting out of their seats and sitting in the front to watch it go by.
We got to the fields and got to picking. There were quite a few red strawberries left and we ended up with around 5 lbs or something of strawberries. Some got sent home with G-ma and G-pa and some will go home with Alaina. The rest I plan to add to some bananas for a nice fruit salad.
Ryan ate about 6 of them right out of the box on the way home and then fell asleep for a little bit. It was so fun and the kids loved going. Definately want to go back and hopefully that time we can get their early enough to get some good big strawberries.
Alaina stayed so they made a hide-out in the box that my BBQ came in. So those are the pictures below.


Alaina stayed so they made a hide-out in the box that my BBQ came in. So those are the pictures below.
0 comments:
Post a Comment