Wednesday, March 05, 2008

What a Wednesday!! and Thursday!!

Just about the time I was going to go get Ryan from school,  I see I have 2 msgs and one is from the school calling about Mackenzie and her head injury.  That's all I heard before rushing over there to see what had happened.  Yes, I had flashbacks to her concussion at Crenshaws and my emergency phone call to Daddy at work.  

This time Mackenzie was on the slide and apparently bumped her head hard enough to drive the little prongs from her headband into her head.  They drew some blood and she had a major headache but other than that she was fine.  No concussion or anything crazy!
The afternoon was our typical wednesday afternoon but insert kickball in place of choir today.  I got Mackenzie and Lael from brownies and then we dropped off Lael at the church and Mackenzie changed in the car to go to practice.  They practiced for an hour then we got home for me to start feeling really sick.  I was nauseous and headachy and threw up.  It was lovely and Ryan thought it was quite humorous(you can picture him laughing at me while my head is in the toilet).  My head still hurts but atleast I've stopped throwing up.  Who knows what has caused our latest sickness.  Sean did say his tummy hurt earlier.  He probably brought some crazy virus home from school.  

Since I never got this posted here's the update for today.......... Get a call about 1pm from the school nurse and Mackenzie has thrown up and she has a fever.  Go get her, run to get her some sprite, tylenol and then get Sean and back home to put her in bed.  She's still sleeping and maybe she'll wake up feeling a little better.

0 comments: