Today Ryan is 17 months. He is really getting into the walking thing and tried to go the whole distance of the backyard tonight. He's up to 22lbs. 6 oz. at last visit and learning lots of words. He seems to have a thing with "b" words right now. Bug, Bath, Ball, Book but says juice, milk, dog, ruf ruf, monkey sounds and more. He called the pumpkins at the pumpkin patch "balls." Has learned to say No to Mackenzie, Sean and the dog.
On another topic......my friend Chelsey told me she was working till 2:30 at crenshaws and would be happy to bring Sean when she came to Gullett. She and I have taken turns getting the boys (her son Evan and Sean) from Crenshaws to Gullett. So this seemed easy enough! I went about my day and walked down to the school at 2:30 to meet them and wait for Mackenzie. I walked across the playground and the minute she saw me says "Oh no, I forgot your son!" and at first I thought she was kidding. As I saw the horror in her face and kept hearing her say "I can't believe I did that!" then it hit me. She immediately called Crenshaws and told them what happened, kept saying "I'm so sorry" and "I've never done that before!" and hopped in her car to go get Sean. I felt bad for her since it wasn't that big a deal. She showed up a short time later with Sean and he looked a little confused by it all but was not tramatized by this. I gave Chelsey a hug and told her not to worry and it happens to all of us. She said "I've never forgotten someone elses kid!!"
Sean @ the Pumpkin Patch
Mackenzie @ the Pumpkin Patch
The kids at the Pumpkin Patch
After that event we went to Amy's Ice Cream and then to the Pumpkin patch and then the kids played outside and even ate dinner outside and I think I finally wore them out.
Mackenzie @ the Pumpkin Patch
0 comments:
Post a Comment