Thursday, September 13, 2007

Where's Cinderella's Rat??

Getting ready to ride
Ryan on the tractor
Mackenzie and Ryan on one of the days we went to eat lunch with her
Ryan playing at Gullett

Lost in the mess of a 6 yr olds room apparently. This is a book that Mackenzie checked out of the library back in July. So when I went to return one of her books today and talked to Ms. Gooch the librarian about what books were still out and she said "Cinderella's Rat". I knew about the horse dictionary but nothing about this rat book. She even showed me a picture of the cover so I'd know what to be looking for. I didn't want to tell her my daughter's room looks like Hurricane Humberto hit it and who knows if it will ever surface. So this got me started trying to find the book and cleaning both Mackenzie and Sean's rooms. The things you find in there are just amazing.....gogurt wrappers, popsicle sticks, a half eaten cinnamon roll, tons of papers (in Mackenzie's room) with names written on them and even a love note to Rowan. So I did find the rat book and it was under the trundle bed part of her bed along with alot of other stuff. Now we have one more book to find!

I picked up Sean and Evan (brother of a gullett 1st grader) today and have this conversation with Evan.
Me: Evan, are you 4 yet?
Evan: Would I be this tall if I were 4? (if you knew him he's the same size as Sean)
Me: Maybe. Will you go to gullett next yr?
Evan: I think I will after sweetheart's day, easter and gift card day.

I had to laugh at his sweetheart's day comment and I still never found out what gift card day and his mom didn't know either.

Mackenzie had another riding lesson today and did posting again and so got rewarded for that by another walk down to the forest and the creek. She likes the trail rides alot! Sean and Ryan played on the tractor. Everyone was awfully quiet on the way home. This week we've barely been home and I think they are worn out! They are once again sleeping in the same bed and are sound asleep!

0 comments: