Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What did you do today?


What did you do today? this is a question that I sometimes ask myself and sometimes hear from my hubby. I got the email this morning about this and you can click the link and read that email for yourself. In it you will see what chaos can be found at my house on a regular basis. So I asked myself this question again tonight and this is how it went.
I won't bore you with all the details but maybe some interesting or chaotic points to my day. Sean ran around making messes as I tried to clean them up. First almost overflowing the bathroom sink as he washed his hands for the third time in a row. Then, I found him climbing on the counters in search of "something" which I never did figure out what that "something" was. He then told me his "mine" was dirty and wanted to wash it. We took it out and stuck it in with the laundry that I was starting. He watched it till the auger(I think that's what it's called) pulled it under the water and laughed his almost devilish laugh.

We went to run errands and on our way we sat at a light next to a truck with a dog hanging his head out the window. And I pointed it out to Sean and he said "he has his ears on" and I said "yes, he sure does" and he said "he is listening with them"(have to know the preschool term "put on your listening ears" to understand where this conversation was going) and I said "that's a good dog". This went on for some time. I realized then that I would need to document his 3 yr old wisdomisms and one day read them back to him. He is such the comedian.


Later today there was fingerpainting gone wrong, hair pulling, injuries from the scooter, escaping by my 3 yr old to find him in Kelly's backyard, jumping on the trampoline, fighting over a water bottle and playing with pink playdough. The playdough by the way we made. If you are in need of some playdough then by all means check out the link.


Finally we got dinner, took care of spot and sweetie sweet and got everyone bathed and atleast one in bed. The other two will hopefully fall asleep soon after the amt of running around the neighborhood they did today.


And a final note that my MIL informed me of: "BTW, they are second cousins. Since Holly and Jed are first cousins, their kids are second cousins. Holly and Ryan are first cousins once removed, and so are Jed and Ella. (Yeah, I'm a genealogy geek.)" So in the previous blog I mislead everyone into thinking they were 1st cousins....I say let's call everyone a cousin!!
So maybe this helped answer the question of what I did but then again it still seems like maybe I didn't get alot done. Oh well, there is tomorrow!

0 comments: