Last Thursday Oct. 22nd I had a very life changing phone call. I had found my birthmother, 2 sisters and brother. So I will try to go back a little to fill you in. I have been on several adoption pages for 8 or 9 years now. The internet has been great in googling people and finding adoption search sites.
I have never got very far on the search by myself and I guess I figured that someday I would go to Iowa and try to get my adoption papers unsealed. About 8 or so months ago I signed up for an Iowa Adoptees search page. And that is where my search angel came into the scene. I got an email just simply stating she had found what she believed, from the information I had, was my birthmother.
I looked at all the information.....an obituary for birthmother's mother, a driver's license, childrens names, and more. It seemed there were quite a few similarities in the information that I had and what this woman was providing me. I went ahead and sent a letter and figured what the heck....maybe it would get me some information or maybe it wouldn't.
Thursday night while trying to get the kids ready for bed they called me. I was kind of thinking that they were calling to say that it was the wrong Diana or something like that. Instead they told me that indeed they were my siblings and their mother was my birthmother. They told me she at a young age of 57 yrs old has alzheimer's and that she may or may not remember anything. That was sad to me and a little disappointing. After talking to my siblings till the phone died(2 hours!) I wasn't so disappointed anymore. I found out alot about her and how we had so many similarities. I looked at pictures they sent and saw so many more similarities. It's one of those moments where you feel like you are looking at yourself in 20 yrs....very strange.
So over the past week I have had a roller coaster of emotions and will probably experience many more emotions when I go out to visit them in December.
So to my friends out there that are adopted....this can be you too! And if I can help please let me know.
1 comments:
i still get chills thinking about it! so awesome!
Post a Comment