Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School for 2 Remaleys


Mackenzie and Sean were up bright and early on Monday morning ready to go by 6:15am.  They really wanted to walk down to the school by themselves but I figured I should make sure Sean gets to his class on his first day of kindergarten.

We got to the school really early and waited outside Mackenzie's classroom and then the bell rang so she went in and we headed over to Sean's class.  He got his backpack on the hook outside and the lunchbox put away and then went to his new seat.  He looked a little unsure of the whole thing but I waved to him from outside and he smiled and waved back.  It was hard to believe he was in kindergarten.  
So being the first day of school I probably had my brain turned off.  I took Ryan over to Crenshaws only to find out that they weren't starting till Wednesday.  So he got to run errands with me and was perfectly happy being the only child home.   He played for a good hour with some cards and a wipe.  The clean freak in him loves to play with wipes.
So the pictures are all on shutterfly and you can check them out there.

***Wednesday was the start of school for Ryan.  It was a rough start but ended well.  I took him into the big gym and he crumpled into my lap and wouldn't budge when everyone was leaving to go to art.  I carried him to art and sat in there with him for some time.  He buried his head in my shoulder and told me "I'm tired" and "I want to go home."  So finally I just handed him off to Ms. Alice knowing that he would be just fine once I left.  Sure enough he said he had a great day and liked getting in the pool, told me Mr. Keegan had a red shirt on, he had a snack and had a big smile on his face when I came to pick him up.

0 comments: