Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day--past and present

This hairstyle Mackenzie did herself last night
Mackenzie did this to my hair......you can't see it really because the flash wasn't on I guess  
our waiter
the hostess (with chocolate lips)
I did this hairstyle to Mackenzie earlier on Valentine's day
Ryan with his Valentine's card

I left the kids their cards, presents and candy on the table and as they slowly got up one by one they went in and checked out their new stuff.  They were all pretty excited with everything.  Pretty much the rest of the day was just hanging out and getting stuff done at home.

During dinner Daddy told the kids that 21 yrs ago we went out on our first date.  So the kids got this idea to do a dessert date and set up 2 chairs and got dressed up to be the hostess and waiter but then I had to actually make the dessert.  We had some chocolate and strawberries so we made a few of those.  

Before this "date" I had to have my stylist do my hair and she kind of did an 80's do so I guess it fit perfectly with that first date.  Then we sat down and ate a few strawberries while Mackenzie danced around and then left us with Kidz Bop blaring and they all went into Sean's room and shut the door.  We ended our date and turned the music off and then they came out and then ran back in squealing "they're on a date and they might kiss!"    It was very sweet that they did that for us.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are some mighty sweet and adorable kids you have...they must take after their aunt. :)

Alicia said...

well I don't know if Aunt Laura does alot of mighty sweet things :) LOL!