Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Heading to Jersey



You can click on the slideshow to see the pictures bigger.



Changing leaves at the Canal park in Jersey........more pictures once I get them all uploaded to a slide show

One mom, three kids, 1 checked bag, 2 carry-ons, and a stroller....need I say more?  It really wasn't as bad as you might think.  My kids have been pretty great on all the flights we have ever taken so I can't complain.  Going through security wasn't hard at all and we had time to get some dinner before heading out.  Our flight ended up leaving about 2 hours late which meant we didn't get in to Newark till 12:15 am.   Sean barely made it 2 minutes into his movie before he was passed out.  Ryan made it till about 10:30 (our time) before he was down and Mackenzie also fell asleep an hour before landing.  Mackenzie ended up with her own row and was so excited about this.  She sat by the window for most of the flight then layed down and took a nap till we landed.  I had to put her seatbelt on before we landed which was a bit challenging.  Some very nice people offered to help me get all 3 of my sleeping children off the plane but I figured waking up in the arms of a stranger wasn't going to be good.  
We got off the plane got Ryan in the stroller and headed to baggage claim where we met up with Daddy.  We then headed to get our rental car, get our rented car seats then head out to the hotel (an hour away!).   We got in bed around 2:15am and then got back up to get Daddy to work at 7:30am.  
The kids and I dropped him off and thank goodness for the GPS so that I could get back to the hotel.  Not easy with all these little country roads to go on.  We got back and went and ate breakfast then I needed to take a shower.  I put Ryan down on the bed and seconds later he was passed out.  Mackenzie and Sean watched a movie until we headed out to Target.  Sean needed some socks and so what better place to head to.
Once we finished there, we headed to the Canal park on the way to Daddy's work.  It was so pretty to see the changing colors of the leaves.  The little towns you drive through are also so neat and the houses so cute.  We stayed there for a while then headed to a little neighborhood park to wait for Daddy to call to pick him up.  We got Daddy then headed to get lunch before driving the hour back to Newark to drop the car off and catch a cab into the city.

0 comments: