Friday, May 16, 2008

Some gross discoveries

I was cleaning out some stuff yesterday and was finally getting around to putting Sean's lunch box that he's not currently using away.  He started using his new lunch box with his face on it.  The Buzz Lightyear one has sat on the counter since.  I know I should have put it away earlier but I didn't.  I did take the food out of it.....or so I had thought!  I went to put it away and it has 2 compartments and I opened up the second compartment which I have never put food in and found a rotten apple.  It was FOUL! (Amy, using your favorite word!)  So I cleaned it all out and it's drying in the sun now.

The second discovery was in Mackenzie's backpack.  She uses a different one pretty much everyday.  Some are for playing school and others are actually to take to school.  I went to get the jacket out and papers that were left in there.  As I pulled out some papers my hand met something really sticky and squishy.  I was hoping it wasn't another rotten apple.  I pulled out a fruitabu which had apparently bloated from the heat and was oozing out the side into her backpack.  So I stuck that in the washer and now it's clean and ready to use again.

0 comments: