Saturday, April 05, 2008

Hazardous Waste and Garbage Disposal

This was the insane traffic jam while waiting to get to the high school


Here we were trying to save the Earth or atleast clean out our garage of old paint cans. We were unsuccessful!! They had a Hazardous Waste drop off at Anderson High and so I set off with 15 or so cans of old paint and found out most of N. Austin was also doing the same thing. I saw several people park in the front parking lot and walk their items over. I decided why not? Seems easy and I pulled right into a spot. I was about to start unloading when another guy came by and said they weren't accepting "walk ins"....what?? They would only take items from those that drove up to the site? We were going to have to wait in this terribly long line? Ok, so we pull around and back onto Mesa and slowly (I mean slower than any turtle I've ever seen) made our way up to the light. In an hour and a half we made it all of 12 cars length. At this time Ryan was frustrated and hungry and Mackenzie was going bonkers (oh wait! That's normal!). We decided we would make the drive to S. Austin rather than sit in the line going no where and wasting our precious $3.34/gallon gas.

Another story our garbage disposal stopped working a couple weeks ago. Due to the sickness of my live in handyman I decided to deal with it for the time being. Making sure to keep the kids from throwing their apple peels, bread crusts and whatever else in there. So I went to Lowe's and bought a new garbage disposal which the man said came with a handy little wrench. I used this wrench and low and behold the disposal starts to work!! HALLELUJAH!! You never know just how handy that thing is until you have to pick everything out and put it in the trash instead of just grinding it up! I just saved us $118 dollars. So we'll be back to Lowe's to return this one.

0 comments: