Sunday was Sean's friend Liran's birthday party. I had never met this child and so didn't know what to get this child for a present. I took Sean with me in hopes that he would know his friend and what they might want. He walked around and kept picking up stuff and then putting it back. He finally said we needed to find a transformer. So I then assumed Liran was a boy. Then he picked up a princess thing and said "Oh! Liran will like this" and so then I assumed Liran was a girl. I asked Sean over and over again "Is Liran a boy or a girl?" and Sean would reply every time " a girl." So we decided on the Cinderella princess game and got a pink bag with pretty pink dotted tissue paper.
We went out to the party at Extreme Fun and walk in to see a table covered in Cars movie stuff. Even Mackenzie was looking puzzled. Liran's mom came up and I must have had a look of surprise or shock on my face. I then asked her about Liran and whether they were a boy or a girl. And she said she gets it all the time but Liran is a boy. So I explained how Sean told me he was girl and that we got this princess present and that we would be returning it and bring Liran something he might like alot better. She said it was not a problem and that she understood the confusion.
At the party Ryan was starting to get tired and I was feeling feverish and so we left as soon as the party was over and got home. Ryan and I took a much needed nap and then I went to get more medicines for both of us. That night we just tried to get our energy back and watched the Super Bowl some.
Daddy didn't leave till early monday morning so that left a space for Sean to slither in and fall asleep on his side. I woke up and there he was. He's sneaky like that!
Monday the kids had a c-day and so we went for lunch then an early riding lesson for Mackenzie. The boys fed the chickens, Sean actually used one of them as a tennis ball target (we won't tell Marybeth) and then tried to play croquet little kid style. That would be stay far back because they will injury you when they swing back.
Today I ended up waking up late and got Mackenzie to school late and that just kind of set the tone for my day. Hopefully tonight Ryan won't decide to be up from 2am to 3am and I can actually get up and breath.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment