Thursday, November 29, 2007

"I'm too tired to walk"


The past few mornings since Daddy is back to traveling I get all 3 kids up to take Mackenzie to school.  This means waking Sean up and getting him dressed.  We have to be ready to walk out the door at 7:30.  So this morning it was go in and wake Sean up and he slowly wakes up and I start to get his clothes out.  "Where are we going?" he asks and I tell him to take Sissy to school.  So I start putting his socks on and he says "I'll stay here with Daddy" and I tell him once again that Daddy is not here and so he can't stay by himself.  He said "he is here" and we have this discussion about he's not here and that this is just like yesterday and we need to get dressed and ready to go.  Once he is ready it's getting him out the door.  First he insists to find his transformer.  I tell him we will get it when we get back and this brings on the tears and him saying "I need to find it now not later."   Finally we have convinced him to find it later and out the door we go.  He walks to the end of the driveway and stops.....pouty face......I have to go hold his hand and walk with him.  We get to about the sidewalk at Kelly's house and he says "I'm too tired to walk."  I told him he didn't even go but one house so he had many more to go to get Sissy to school.    He keeps trying to stop along the way but Mackenzie and I are able to finally get him all the way to the school and with no more tears.   

We said goodbye to Sissy and started to walk home and he stops again and starts with the crying and I ask him "What's wrong?"  and he says "My nose is cold."  We finally get to our street and he takes off running from about 4 houses away.  Where was this energy on the way to the school??
At school he's off naps as of this week so we may have some of these interesting mornings for a while.

0 comments: