Thursday, November 01, 2007

Bat children


Let me just tell you that last night the full moon must have been out. Sean went to bed around 8:30 or so and for some reason was standing by my bed with a cheestick (that he poked at me a couple times before I realized 1. he was awake and in my room and 2. he was awake and had a cheesestick in hand)and wanted me to open it. I did so half asleep and then realized it was 3:30 in the morning and what on earth was he doing up??? I didn't have the energy at the time to take him downstairs so he went down by himself and I was hoping he would go back to sleep. A few minutes later I hear him in the refrigerator again......he's going for a popsicle. WHAT?? I tell him he can't have a popsicle and whisk him away to his bed. I go back to sleep and wake up at 6:30 to chatty children and go down to find Mackenzie and Sean in his bed watching Dora. Now Mackenzie went to bed at 9:00 or after and was up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6:30. Now this is just too weird!! Sean says he didn't go back to sleep and I'll never truly know. I told his teachers today that he might be a little tired and they said they would just get him a nap earlier if needed. They were prepared for the kids to be hitting the low after their sugar highs.
It was a normal Thursday other than that weird start to my day. Ryan is cutting 2 new teeth so was a little cranky throughout the day and was only truly happy when he had an orange marker that he wrote on the wall, and the dryer (while I was getting clothes out). Luckily it was a washable marker and I got it off the wall and the dryer.
Sean said something pretty funny today. Ryan was carrying around this train whistle and every once in a while drooling on it and making a little noise and then he got tired of it and gave it to Sean. Sean then said, "EWW!! HE GOT GERMS ON IT!" Too bad I didn't have a picture of the face he made. I'm sure you can just imagine though.

0 comments: