Thursday, August 02, 2007

A week in review...

Ryan helping make cupcakes

Pictures to come!!
Now it's Friday and I never got the post finished, so here it is: Today was my dad's birthday and we went to eat with him and then had his favorite cake german chocolate cake. He had a good day! Our day started with a trip to the gym, then home for Ryan to nap, then he got up and we went to lowe's and randalls and then ran home to print the contract for the sale of our house and got that out for the courier, then made cupcakes, kids played in the sprinkler, Mackenzie iced the cupcakes, then she even vacumned the downstairs (she got some marbles for those chores done w/o asking) and then we left to go to my parent's. Now here's the rest of the week which I had already written:

It's really thursday but it seems like this week has gone by incredibly fast. First thing monday morning Jed left for Boston. Once the kids and I got up we headed to the Bobby Ln house to take care of some of the last things to finish. I got about 2 things done before Ryan hurt himself, and Sean was close to breaking something. So we cut it short and headed home since I needed to meet Jenny to borrow my camera to take pictures of the house. Later that day we headed to the pool and then came home to get Ryan (who I discovered is getting BOTH his bottom molars!) to bed.

Tuesday took us to the gym, coming home so Ryan could nap, turning on the sprinkler or reallly just the hose for Sean to play in, having neighborhood kids come and go and then baths and bedtime.
Wednesday my dad was gracious enough (and possibly bored enough) to go down to the house with me and change out the guts of the two toilets and help me change the deadbolts and doorknobs. I even did the entire back door deadbolt and knob by myself...with a little help from Ryan who decided it was a good idea to push the door closed everytime I was trying to screw in a screw. He's so helpful!! Mackenzie and Sean ran around the neighborhood as if they had lived their all their lives. They had fun! We went to the pool again and this time Sean wore a life vest and so he got to go in the deep water which he thought was so cool. He also made friends with 2 other little boys and they all screamed like girls when they saw a moth on the ground. The exciting part about today I heard we got an offer on Bobby Ln house last night and it has been on the market since Tuesday morning. So it was on the market a matter of hours when we got the offer. And then later on wednesday we got our 2nd offer...can this be real? We ended up taking the 2nd offer on thursday.
Mackenzie ready to go ride

Thursday brought another workout at the gym, getting home so Mackenzie could go to horseback riding. She was very excited to have trotted today and that was even exciting for me. I didn't think she would be trotting after only a few lessons. Then both my boys took a nap and I tried hard to get laundry done, dishes done and all the other things that usually don't get done with all of them awake.

0 comments: