Friday, May 18, 2007

What a day!!

I've been waiting all day to receive this new computer....they finally showed up at around 2:30pm. Mackenzie walked home from school again so I had to be outside watching for her at 2:40pm and there she came around the corner with her snowcone. So everything was going as planned. I got an email from a girl named Amanda that is probably my old neighbor's daughter she gave up for adoption. So we have to go back about 4 yrs ago.
Lainey (my old neighbor on Bobby Lane) and I were talking and somehow got to talking about how I had been adopted and then she talked about how she gave up a daughter and then we realized it was not a match for us due to year of birth, region of birth etc. So then, I told her I would put the info about her daughter on adoption.com which I had put my info on. That was about 4 yrs ago because it was before we moved to W. Terrace. Anyway, Amanda contacted me today and gave me some info that made me think it could be a match and so I called Lainey and talked to her about it. Then I got the photos that to me prove that they HAVE to be daughter and mother. Even Mackenzie said "that's Lainey" when she saw one of Amanda holding her baby. I will be thrilled if this is a possible match and they are finally in contact with each other. It's been 39 years for them and this could not have happened to a nicer person. If there is a reunion in Austin I already told Lainey I want to be there! And I hope there is one!!
Anyway, I am still figuring out the computer so I might not get any pictures up of Mackenzie walking home from school but I will try.

0 comments: