Saturday, January 27, 2007

The pink eye has spread

I meant to write a blog yesterday but it didn't happen with all the craziness. First thing yesterday morning Mackenzie got poked in the eye with a toy alligator by her baby brother. Having much sympathy for eye injuries caused by Ryan I had probably overreacted. She instantly had the thought that she could stay home from school. We quickly squashed that idea and I took her off to school and told her to go to the nurse if it continued to hurt. I never got a call and so it was quickly forgotten.

Sean has pink eye and it apparently decided to spread to his right eye now. That one is now swollen, pink and half closed. He looks just pitiful!! So more holding him down to get one little drop in his eye. Not sure all that torture is really helping this situation but I got it done.

Later that evening I was trying to get ready to go eat dinner with Kate for her birthday. I come downstairs and Mackenzie says that she has a road in her room for her barbies. I said "ok" and went about my business. Later to find out....she had a road drawn on her carpet with purple MARKER!! This was a crayola marker but not the kid friendly washable apparently. It has not come out of the carpet completely. So we will borrow the carpet cleaner from my mom and hope that it does come out. Otherwise, we have Northland Drive on her carpet.

I did make it to dinner after a few more small hurdles just to find out everyone else had decided to go to Trudy's as well. I had some queso and a margarita and when I left an hour or so later they were still waiting for their table. So I got my kids at my parents....all of them still AWAKE! Came home and they finally all passed out around 10pm. and then got up at 7am this morning!! What's up with that? Mackenzie had said she was sleeping in because she didn't have school. So much for that! She got up earlier today then the days she does have school.

That's all from here! On to more hurdles of the day!!

0 comments: